Annual Easter Eggstravaganza
Sat., March 19th, 10am to 3pm
151 East County Rd. 42 in Burnsville
FREE Community Egg Hunt in Burnsville
All invited (Public event)…
This “Eggs-citing” event is open to all area families and features free activities geared for children age 10 and younger.
Families come together to enjoy the events.
Egg Hunts will be conducted outside (rain, snow or shine). When you register at the door, each child will receive a hunt ticket (for their age group at a specific hunt time). There are hunts each hour for age groups of 0-3, 4-6 and 7-10 (ticket required). Children are welcome to bring Easter baskets to collect their eggs, or they may use one of the plastic bags that is provided.
Continuous activities include a hands on story center which tells the Easter Story, a bounce house, tattoo face art, crafts, a selfie photo station, an activity center, greetings from Bunny, a and room to color an Easter Card for Military Service personnel … all at no charge! A hot dog lunch plate is available for $2/plate (hot dog, carrots, apples, chips and dessert). The event is in an “open house” format, so guests can arrive and leave at any time throughout the event. The typical guest spends about 2 hours at this event.
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church and School is dedicated to serving Jesus Christ through serving the people of our community. Good Shepherd Lutheran School offers a well-rounded elementary education taught in the light of God’s Word. It is affiliated with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and is a member of St. Croix Lutheran School System; offering faith-based education for Pre-K through grade 12. The campus is located at 151 East County Rd. 42, Burnsville, Minn. For more information, contact the church: (952) 432-5527 or school: (952) 953-0690.
Easter Egg Hunts: held hours of 11, 12, 1, 2 (Four hunt times for each age group*)
• Children ages 0-3 hunt at the top of the hour (11, 12, 1 and 2)
• Children ages 4-6 hunt at the top of the hour (11:20, 12:20, 1:20 and 2:20)
• Children ages 7-10 hunt at the top of the hour (11:40, 12:40, 1:40 and 2:40)
(*When you register at the door, you get a tickets for one hunt time. A set number of tickets are given for each hunt to help manage crowd of children hunting at one time. When a hunt is “full” tickets for the next hunt are given. There over 10K eggs that will be put out, so no worries, there are plenty for everyone! The morning hunts fill up quickly, if you prefer a less crowded hunt, plan to attend in the afternoon. Children are welcome to bring an Easter Basket for the hunt, or they may use one of the plastic bags that is provided. Younger children CAN hunt at the same times as an older sibling, but it is important to request that ticket when you register (i.e you have a 3 year old and 6 year old… if you do not want to wait in line for two hunts, you can get a hunt ticket for your 3 year old in the same hunt with your 6 year old. Please note they will be hunting with other older kids.) It is important each child participates in the hunt they have a ticket for, as we put out eggs for a certain number of children to help allow each hunter to find 10 eggs. Each child may participate in one hunt only. Thank you!
What’s happening at Eggstravaganza?
When you register, you will get a event map to know where everything is.
Fun Activities (everything is FREE, except a low cost if you want to purchase a lunch plate)
- Hand on Story Center – in our worship area, families can walk through a hands on story center. Each station has an activity and as you progress, kids put together their own take home story book. The last station in this exhibit gives away a balloon.
- Games & Bounce House – in the gym
- Lunch– Join us for lunch! $2 a plate for a Hot Dog Lunch (in gym)
(Includes: water or lemonade, hot dog in a bun, carrots, chips, and a treat) (Note: this is the ONLY thing at the event that is not free. the cost per plate is $2)
- Craft– make your own Easter lily!
- Activity Room
- Play-do center – kids get to play and parents can take a little rest!
- Face Art– temporary body tattoos
- Service Center
- FREE popcorn.
- Easter Story shared
- Easter Cards to be made for the military
- Selfie Station for a Photo. Bunny will be in the area! Get a family photo (in PreK and K rooms)
- Egg Hunt– will be held outside. Guests must have a ticket for their hunt time. Younger kids can get a ticket for an older hunt if they want to hunt with an older sib. Groups are in age bundle of 0-3, 4-6, 7-10. Hunts for each age group are on the ticket but 0-3 are at the top of the hour (11, 12, 1 and 2). Hunts for ages 4-6 are 20 after the hour (11:20, 12:20, 1:20 and 2:20) and for ages 7-10 are 40 after the hour (11:40, 12:40, 1:40 and 2:40)
Volunteer EVENT STAFF have on GREEN t-shirts if you need assistance.
Thank you for joining us! We are excited to share Easter fun with you!